Sunday, December 11, 2011

Melancholy Baby



5 Why, my soul, are you downcast? 
   Why so disturbed within me? 
Put your hope in God, 
   for I will yet praise Him,  my Savior and my God.
Psalm 42:5
There will be times of melancholy this Christmas season as I continue to deal with life after foreclosure.  "If only" and "should have" will creep into my thoughts and bring me down.  Sorrow happens.   I will have to deal with it and move on.  So, in moving on, I will write a little about yesterday.

God blessed me with such an awareness of my family that I could have broken out singing, "We are family!' which would only have embarrassed my son.   He's my one and only child, but he doesn't want me to write about him in my blog.   I don't know how to not claim you, my son and my hero!   Yesterday I found myself screaming and cheering as he won his first wrestling match, his first season of wrestling.  At one point I realized I voicing a pray as I cheered!  Yes, I'm an embarrassing mom.   If he heard it, he's been kind enough not to mention it.    My husband and I sometimes refer to him as "Our Best Foot Forward," and he is.   I'm feeling better.   Now I should probably confess to my son that he's in my blog again.



No comments:

Post a Comment