Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Through the Knothole


I once watched  a TV comedian joking about who milked the first cow.  It does make you wonder. It was probably the bravest person in the known world, the first one who squeezed a cow's udder and then drank what came out!

When I was a small girl I thought Grandpa was the bravest man in the world.   His grandchildren weren't allowed in the barn when he was putting the cows into their stanchions, but we could peek through the cracks between the wood planks or through a good knothole.   Watching him move about those giant beasts as he guided them into their proper places, left me in awe of such a courageous man.  

Perspective should put us in awe of God.   It's good to know that there is someone stronger, braver, and better than you, especially if that someone loves you.   God became Man because of love.   He is a fierce, lover of my soul, a Savior who put Himself in harm's way for me.    Right now I may only be able to see God through a knothole but one day I will see Him face to face.   That should put me on my knees, if not my face, in absolute gratitude.

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.  i Corinthians 13:12







No comments:

Post a Comment