Tuesday, December 6, 2011

We Are What We Read

I started reading when I was three years old and haven't stopped since.  A sister wanted to play school, and since no one else was available to play pupil, I was nominated.   I loved it!   I learned quickly and before long my older sisters had me reading things aloud to their friends like a pet with an amazing trick. The internet can draw me in with story after story to read, a newspaper that's hard to put down.   I have to discipline myself not to follow the sordid rabbit trail.   I can choose what to read, and, if I should die tonight, I hope I'm reading something that Jesus could read over my shoulder.   (It would be really cool if I was reading the Bible, and for the right reasons and not just to prove a point!)  As always, there is a Scripture for that thought.

Psalm 119:14
May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. 

Children's books that I would recommend:




No comments:

Post a Comment