Thursday, December 8, 2011

An Invitation to the Manger

Many times I am asked about the pictures in my You Tube slide shows.  I want to use this blog to share some of them.    These three are favorite Christmas images, because I love the way a nativity scene teaches us all, but especially, children about that first Christmas.  I know the Wise Men weren't there the first night, but it's something we can teach our children later.  There's no need to confuse their adoration with Biblical time lines.  We had a cardboard one when I was a child.  It was a little like playing with paper dolls to put it together.   Unfortunately, the kneeling shepherd boy was lost some Christmas before my memory began, so his place at the nativity always went vacant.  As an adult I found and purchased that same cardboard nativity from a Bible book store.   I finally was able to finish the scene and bring the shepherd boy to the manger.  Consider this an invitation to come to the manger this Christmas.   Your absence will be noticed.  You will be missed.    The Child awaits. 








No comments:

Post a Comment