Thursday, September 4, 2014

And So It Begins

Psalm 3:6 English Standard Version (ESV)
6 I will not be afraid of many thousands of people
    who have set themselves against me all around.

1 Corinthians 12:26 English Standard Version (ESV)
26 If one member suffers, all suffer together; if one member is honored, all rejoice together.

The Seattle Seahawks played their first game of their regular season tonight and it seemed as if the whole town was gathered around television sets.  My husband, minus his son, invited a friend over to watch, so I had to give up my claim to the couch.  The good news is that we finally retired our old analog TV and actually have one that's enjoyable to watch, so as the men watched, I dozed and they didn't seem to mind or even notice.  I decided afterwards to google if there were any Bible verses for football and the above two were my favorite.  This one from Leviticus was a little more questionable:

Leviticus 11:7-8 English Standard Version (ESV)
7 And the pig, because it parts the hoof and is cloven-footed but does not chew the cud, is unclean to you. 8 You shall not eat any of their flesh, and you shall not touch their carcasses; they are unclean to you.
As I understand it, way back when, the balls used to be made of animal bladders, and someone had the unenviable task of inflating it.  So maybe the verse is appropriate after all.  
Kenny Chesney - The Boys of Fall

No comments:

Post a Comment