Monday, September 22, 2014

On The Potter's Wheel

Psalm 138:8 English Standard Version (ESV)
8 The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me;
    your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever.
    Do not forsake the work of your hands.

Hebrews 10:36 English Standard Version (ESV)
36 For you have need of endurance, so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised.

Philippians 1:6 New International Version (NIV)
6 being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.

Because we were given a dog grooming kit and because we are stretched for funds, my husband and I have been trying to groom our little shaggy dog.  It isn't pretty but he's been a good, complaint dog as we clip away his curly fur coat.  My husband is meeting his goal to cut it off faster than the dog can grow it back, but we haven't yet managed a fresh from the groomer's look.  Besides giving me a fierce admiration for professional dog groomers, grooming at home has had me singing the hymn, "Have Thine Own Way Lord," because it does seem like we are molding and shaping the dog after our will while he waits yielded and still.  I wish I would be as obedient as this dog as I wait on God.  It's so hard to yield to the Lord's timing when, according to my perception, He seems to be moving at a glacial pace and at other times cutting too close for my comfort.   He is God and I am His.  I'm not required to understand but to endure, better yet, love the hands that shape me.  

"Have Thine Own Way Lord" - Johnny Cash

No comments:

Post a Comment