Saturday, September 20, 2014

Let The Children Come

Ruth Sternfeld, orphaned in the Holocaust at the Displaced Persons' Camp, Zehlendorf, Berlin, 1947.

Matthew 19:14 King James Version (KJV)
14 But Jesus said, Suffer little children, and forbid them not, to come unto me: for of such is the kingdom of heaven.

Psalm 139:15-16 New International Version (NIV)
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.

Isaiah 64:8 King James Version (KJV)
8 But now, O Lord, thou art our father; we are the clay, and thou our potter; and we all are the work of thy hand.
The images of these two children always make me pause and sometimes make me cry.  It's not right that children should be called upon to be so brave but still they are; because man is intent on doing evil; and always the children suffer.  I've heard it said that because of abortion the most dangerous place for a child to be is in his mother's womb; and I'm afraid that it may be true.  We demand a choice that was never ours to make; and in doing so we are killing our own children, God's own children.  Consider the value of a life and seek to honor, cherish and protect it.  It is what Jesus would do.
1945 - Little boy in liberated Nazi concentration camp smiles in the camera and starts to cry. BBC WW2 in color

No comments:

Post a Comment