Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Of Cell Phones, Internet, and Women's Work



Philippians 4:8 English Standard Version (ESV)
8 Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things.

Colossians 3:17 English Standard Version (ESV)
17 And whatever you do, in word or deed, do everything in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.

There was an internet and cable outage today where I live, and at the same time I misplaced my cell phone (We no longer have a land line.).  So tonight my house is a little cleaner.  I did suffer some withdrawal pains, but I didn't panic.  I just felt disconnected, unplugged.  I couldn't even Skype the young man who used to live in our house but now lives in a dorm, giving him a breather from his still sorrowing, empty nester mother.  I've really been loving Skype too!  Life goes on with or without the internet but not without God.  His communication network never goes down.  I can talk to Him anytime and anywhere and that's good!
…but if anyone sees that young man...





No comments:

Post a Comment