Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Going His Way


Genesis 8:22 English Standard Version (ESV)
22 While the earth remains, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night, shall not cease.”

2 Timothy 4:2 English Standard Version (ESV)
2 preach the word; be ready in season and out of season; reprove, rebuke, and exhort, with complete patience and teaching.

Psalm 90:12 New International Version (NIV)
12 Teach us to number our days,
    that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

Luke 18:8 English Standard Version (ESV)
8 I tell you, he will give justice to them speedily. Nevertheless, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on earth?”

I saw my first school bus this morning and a child waiting for it in his new back to school clothes.  This afternoon my pets, who have spent the past weeks enjoying the warmth of the sun, asked to come inside because of an intense downpour of rain.  We can measure the seasons but we can't measure the length of our lives, only God can.  We can and should, however, consider that our days this side of eternity are limited and do the best to make them count for our Lord's Kingdom.  When He returns may He finds us faithfully attending our Father's business.  He is coming just as He has promised.

Coming My Way - The City Harmonic 
"Coming My Way"

I won’t wait, no, I won’t wait for heaven
Cause I believe heaven’s coming my way.
While I’m alive I’ll be gettin’ on with livin’ like

You’re comin’ my way
Comin’ my way
And I’ll be comin’ Your way
Comin’ Your way

I can’t wait to meet You in the middle.
Up in the air to welcome You home
And on the way we’ll be gettin’ things ready

Cause You’re comin’ my way
Comin’ my way
And I’ll be comin’ Your way
Comin’ Your way
[x2]

O, I once was lost
O, and now I’m found
It’s like a spark lit a fire and it won’t burn out.
A spark lit a fire and it won’t burn out.
A spark lit a fire, now it won’t burn out.

Oh, it’ll never burn out.

No comments:

Post a Comment