Thursday, September 25, 2014

Made In the Image of God



Psalm 139:13-16 English Standard Version (ESV)

13 For you formed my inward parts;
    you knitted me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.[a]
Wonderful are your works;
    my soul knows it very well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you,
when I was being made in secret,
    intricately woven in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed substance;
in your book were written, every one of them,
    the days that were formed for me,
    when as yet there was none of them.

2 Corinthians 12:10 English Standard Version (ESV)
10 For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

Matthew 10:31 English Standard Version (ESV)
31 Fear not, therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

Tonight I got to visit a precious family member, now living in a nursing facility, who is more helpless than most of us can imagine.  There is a great temptation to ask God, why. Why would he do this to such a good man? Then I am reminded of how His own Son, the only perfect Man, suffered to redeem us for Himself, His sacrifice making the life of this dear man ever more valuable.  How to value a life?  We can't, only the Creator can; and He is the one that made him in His own image.  

Image of God (music video) - Christa Wells and Nicole Witt

No comments:

Post a Comment