Sunday, September 14, 2014

Wake Up O Sleeper

Ephesians 5:14 New International Version (NIV)
14 This is why it is said:

“Wake up, sleeper,
    rise from the dead,
    and Christ will shine on you.”

Isaiah 40:3-5 New International Version (NIV) 
3 A voice of one calling:
“In the wilderness prepare
    the way for the Lord[a];
make straight in the desert
    a highway for our God.[b]
4 Every valley shall be raised up,
    every mountain and hill made low;
the rough ground shall become level,
    the rugged places a plain.
5 And the glory of the Lord will be revealed,
    and all people will see it together.
For the mouth of the Lord has spoken.”

When the Lord returns, will He find me sleeping.  Well, He might, if He returns during my Sunday morning church service.  This morning I was without the two guys who have been prodding me awake so many years.  My husband had a Sunday morning shift at work and then the the young man who no longer lives in my house but in a dorm is now attending church miles away from me, so I slept on.  Now my husband has just walked in the door, home from work.  I sure hope he doesn't ask me what the sermon was about.  Sigh.  I'm so glad I have a God who doesn't sleep.
This afternoon I enjoyed creating a slide show for this song by Karla Adolphe about the Lord's return.
Get Up & Dance - Karla Adolphe


No comments:

Post a Comment