Wednesday, October 8, 2014

A God to Brag About

I was bemoaning to my husband that I didn't know what to blog about so he gave me this verse.  I was still not sure what to blog about so he gave me these verses also:
Jeremiah 9:23-24 New International Version (NIV)

23 This is what the Lord says:

“Let not the wise boast of their wisdom
    or the strong boast of their strength
    or the rich boast of their riches,
24 but let the one who boasts boast about this:
    that they have the understanding to know me,
that I am the Lord, who exercises kindness,
    justice and righteousness on earth,
    for in these I delight,”
declares the Lord.

I think he's telling me to spend more time knowing God.  I may not have strength or riches, but I do have a good, kind and just God.  
  
Because my husband was singing bass in a men's chorale when I fell in love with him, I'm just a sucker for this kind of music.  

Great Big Wonderful God - The Imperials


No comments:

Post a Comment