Saturday, October 4, 2014

Here Comes The Bride



Revelation 19:7 New International Version (NIV)
7 Let us rejoice and be glad
    and give him glory!
For the wedding of the Lamb has come,
    and his bride has made herself ready.

I wore a full blown wedding veil when I was a bride.  I wanted my face covered when I walked the aisle as a screen for my shyness and because I just thought they were pretty.  I still think they're pretty.  Unfortunately I forgot to explain the tradition of the veil to my groom.  He lifted it for the kiss than proceeded to cover me back up again.  I had to throw it back myself at that point.  Oh well, we got through it.
Some years later I found an old wedding veil in a garage sale and purchased it to use in the dress-up closet at the church's kindergarten class.  On an impulse I threw it over my head and asked my then young son, "Does Mommy look pretty?"
"You have a force field!" he answered, having seen too many space cartoons for an impressionable, imaginative boy.  Sigh. The men in my life just don't get it.   
Will I feel like a bride when I enter Heaven?  I hope so, even though I know the church as a whole will be the bride of Christ.  I would still like to meet my Lord with an unveiled face knowing He finds me beautiful, as one made pure by His atoning sacrifice.  Until that day, I must make myself ready. 

Pure Bride - Leeland







No comments:

Post a Comment