Monday, October 20, 2014

Riding Winged Horses

'A Wooden Horse in the Sky' 2007 Zadorine.net Andrey Zandorine
Revelation 6:2 King James Version (KJV)
2 And I saw, and behold a white horse: and he that sat on him had a bow; and a crown was given unto him: and he went forth conquering, and to conquer.

Revelation 19:11 King James Version (KJV)
11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Psalm 34:18 New International Version (NIV)
18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.

I uploaded another horse song today, "God's Wing'ed Horse" by Buddy and Julie Miller.  They are a very gifted couple, the Millers.  It's a country song about death and the bereaved sung by the one who has gone on ahead.  I loved the imagery in the lyrics, especially the line about a heart beating inside of God's chest.  I think that's exactly where I want my heart to be.  Will we ride winged horses?  I don't know.  Right now, as another song says, I can only imagine.  
God's Wing'ed Horse - Buddy Miller & Julie Miller 

Gather round my dear friends and be loving 
Lay me down, lay me down here to rest 
Though I'll stumble, I'll finish this long race 
Now my heart beats inside of God's chest 

CHORUS On His wing'ed horse we ride 
He comes down for me (for me) 

How we sorrow below to be parted 
Oh the tears that we she'd at goodbye 
God is close to the ones' broken hearted 
And he carries us up to the sky 

CHORUS

No comments:

Post a Comment