Sunday, October 19, 2014

The Lord Is Close...

Psalm 34:18 New International Version (NIV)
18 The Lord is close to the brokenhearted
    and saves those who are crushed in spirit.
…to the brokenhearted.  I think that's why He may have created dogs.  The young man who lives in a dorm had to leave his dog behind, and that dog now comforts this mom with an empty nest.  It's nice to be close to the dog that was always close to the boy.  I can now understand why my mother's dogs have always seemed like siblings to me.  Mothers just have to mother.  This weekend is Father's weekend at my son's university and I'm a little bummed that I can't tag along.  I would, I really, really would go if we had money to burn; but we don't, so I need to be thankful that my husband can go.  Sigh.   I'll stay home and just smother that dog with love.  

No comments:

Post a Comment