Saturday, October 4, 2014

Needs and Wants or How to Embrace the Gray


Philippians 4:19 English Standard Version (ESV)

19 And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.

Philippians 4:11-12 English Standard Version (ESV)
11 Not that I am speaking of being in need, for I have learned in whatever situation I am to be content. 12 I know how to be brought low, and I know how to abound. In any and every circumstance, I have learned the secret of facing plenty and hunger, abundance and need.

This illustration from 1942 still applies in 2014 in my never ending quest to distinguish needs from wants.  It's apparently a lesson I don't learn easily.  I want my hair cut and colored, but. when I look in the mirror at my overgrown roots and the gray hair at my temples, it seems more like a need.  Sigh.  As much as I want it, there still isn't the money to have it done.  There are worse things to do without.  At least I have hair.  I have suggested to my husband that he could learn how to color my hair by watching a few Youtube movies thus saving us tons of money.  Now that I've seen how well he's done trimming the dog after watching Youtube videos, I don't think I'll suggest that again.  
Lord, help me to be content.


No comments:

Post a Comment