Saturday, October 25, 2014

When God Hides

Psalm 28:7 New International Version (NIV)
7 The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    my heart trusts in him, and he helps me.
My heart leaps for joy,
    and with my song I praise him.

Isaiah 8:17New International Version (NIV)
17 I will wait for the Lord,
    who is hiding his face from the descendants of Jacob.
I will put my trust in him.

A rainstorm today has mostly kept me inside my house of the level path, but I don't mind too much; because I know the rain that keeps me inside is what makes it so beautiful outside.  At least I know it will be beautiful when the sun shines again clearing away the clouds that are hiding the magnificent range of mountains that God has placed in my town's back yard.  I pity the tourist who visits here during a cloudy day, because they can't appreciate what I know is there.  
This is also true of God.  I don't know why He challenges me to keep my faith in Him even when He hides His face, but He does.  I don't want to be a Christian fair weather tourist because my Jesus isn't a fair weather Savior.  I will trust the God who sent His Son to this depraved world to save a wretch like me.  When I can't see Him, I know that He still sees me.  I want Him to find me faithful.

I Will Trust In You My God (Hymn in A) - Matt Papa 

When darkness and despair
Have clouded oʼer my head
When I cannot see Your love for me I will trust in You my God
I will trust in You my God
Will You lead me safely home? Into Your arms where I belong I will trust in You my God
When sorrows fill my heart
And they leave me with only scars
When I donʼt understand Your perfect plan I will trust in You my God
Chorus
When Iʼm carrying my cross
And I think about giving up
When my breath is short and my mind is torn I will trust in You my God
Chorus
When Iʼm leaving this old world
I want my life to have only said
With every breath and at even death I will trust in You my God
Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment