Sunday, June 23, 2013

My God, Lord of the Starfields



Psalm 8:4-6
New International Version (NIV)
4 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
    human beings that you care for them?[a]
5 You have made them[b] a little lower than the angels[c]
    and crowned them[d] with glory and honor.
6 You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
    you put everything under their[e] feet:

Psalm 147:4
New International Version (NIV)
4 He determines the number of the stars
    and calls them each by name.

I'm up late tonight because the young man who lives in our house but doesn't want to be blogged has a late night at work.  I just feel better when he walks in the door.   You would think that a mother could trust the God who put the stars in place and knows them each by name could take care of his own precious child.  Still, my mother's heart worries.  I'm about to go lay down on the couch where his worried dog waits as well.  I don't know if I'll still be awake for him, but his dog will give him a joyous welcome.
"Lord of the Starfields" - Ali Matthews
Lyrics: 


Lord of the starfields

Ancient of Days
Universe Maker
Here's a song in your praise


Wings of the storm cloud

Beginning and end
You make my heart leap
Like a banner in the wind


O love that fires the sun

Keep me burning.
Lord of the starfields
Sower of life,
Heaven and earth are
Full of your light


Voice of the nova

Smile of the dew
All of our yearning
Only comes home to you


O love that fires the sun

keep me burning 

No comments:

Post a Comment