Sunday, June 23, 2013

My God of Small Things


Zechariah 4:10
New International Version (NIV)
10 “Who dares despise the day of small things, since the seven eyes of the Lord that range throughout the earth will rejoice when they see the chosen capstone[a] in the hand of Zerubbabel?”

Colossians 3:23-24
New International Version (NIV)
23 Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for human masters, 24 since you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as a reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.

Micah 6:8
New International Version (NIV)
8 He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
    And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
    and to walk humbly[a] with your God.

I live a small life, made even smaller through illness.  Sometimes, just getting the dishes done is an accomplishment.  Contrary to the song, I can't climb every mountain or ford every stream, follow every rainbow, until I find my dream.  It's a good thing my God doesn't require that of me.  I will live the life God has given me to live, walk the paths He directs me to walk, and love as He would want me to love.  It may be difficult, it may not be my choice, I will fail more than I succeed, but these are God's plans for me and that is enough.

"A Living Prayer" - Alison Krauss & Union Station

1 comment:

  1. Hi Beanscot, thanks for sharing. You have a wonderful weblog! With often lovely picture's, Bless, -hans

    ReplyDelete