Monday, June 24, 2013

My Mindful God


Psalm 8
New International Version (NIV)
Psalm 8[a]
For the director of music. According to gittith.[b] A psalm of David.
1 Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
    in the heavens.
2 Through the praise of children and infants
    you have established a stronghold against your enemies,
    to silence the foe and the avenger.
3 When I consider your heavens,
    the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
    which you have set in place,
4 what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
    human beings that you care for them?[c]
5 You have made them[d] a little lower than the angels[e]
    and crowned them[f] with glory and honor.
6 You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
    you put everything under their[g] feet:
7 all flocks and herds,
    and the animals of the wild,
8 the birds in the sky,
    and the fish in the sea,
    all that swim the paths of the seas.
9 Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!


Psalm 139:6
New International Version (NIV)
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me,
    too lofty for me to attain.
My God is mindful of me!  Amazing!  I don't need to climb the heights of knowledge do know this is true.  My body may not be dancing for joy but my soul sure is.  
"This I Know" - David Crowder Band

No comments:

Post a Comment