Wednesday, June 5, 2013

My God Who Keeps His Word



2 Timothy 3:16-17
New International Version (NIV)
16 All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, 17 so that the servant of God[a] may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.


Psalm 119:11
King James Version (KJV)
11 Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.


Psalm 119:105
King James Version (KJV)
105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Dad, 
I must be missing you, because I find myself listening to Johnny Cash's music lately.  I remember how you and Mom used to watch his TV show and how much enjoyment you got out of it.  I hope you've been getting some Johnny Cash music in Heaven now that you're both there.  You like June too, didn't you?  I uploaded a Johnny Cash song today that reminded me of how you faithfully read your Bible.  Your habit of licking your fingers in order to turn a page was evidence of a Bible well used.  Thanks, Dad, for hiding God's word in your heart.  You unashamedly believed in the words written there.  I do to, Dad.  I do too.
"Seal It In My Heart and Mind" - Johnny Cash


No comments:

Post a Comment