Monday, June 3, 2013

My God of Suffering and Joy



1 Corinthians 13:12
New International Version (NIV)
12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

1 Peter 5:10
English Standard Version (ESV)
10 And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you.

1 Peter 4:13
New International Version (NIV)
13 But rejoice inasmuch as you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

I have to admit I'm sometimes grumbling instead of rejoicing when I get to participate in the sufferings of Christ.  I won't fully understand suffering this side of eternity but I will on that day when I see my Savior face to face.  In the meantime I must trust that His grace is sufficient for me.

"Come To Jesus" - Gaither Vocal Band



No comments:

Post a Comment