Thursday, June 6, 2013

My God's Laundry


Isaiah 1:18
New International Version (NIV)
18 “Come now, let us settle the matter,”
    says the Lord.
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
    they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
    they shall be like wool.

Revelation 3:5
New International Version (NIV)
5 The one who is victorious will, like them, be dressed in white. I will never blot out the name of that person from the book of life, but will acknowledge that name before my Father and his angels.

Sometimes I'm amazed by how today's women romanticize clothing hung on a line.  I remember my grandmother's wringer washer and she probably remembered her grandmother's washboard.  Then there was my mother-in-law who never had a dryer.  Every rainy day, and we get plenty of rainy days here, meant her clothing had to be hung up on lines stretched across her small laundry room.  She never complained at least out loud.  I would have.   I love my washer and dryer with the permanent press and fluff cycle settings!   Even so, I still find it impossible to still turn out spotless garments and usually settle for close enough.  It will truly be a Heavenly miracle to see all of God's children dressed in spotless, white garments.  I also don't believe there will be a laundry room in my heavenly mansion, or it wouldn't be Heaven to me.   My Jesus has done it all.  Still if God wants me to be His laundress I will be. Paraphrasing Psalm 84:10, It is better to be a laundress in the house of the Lord then to  wear the clothes of the wicked.  
"Are You Washed In the Blood" - Alan Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment