Tuesday, June 11, 2013

My Walking God


"Carrying Her Shoes Home From Church":: 7.1936 Photo by Dorothea Lange
Revelation 19:8
New International Version (NIV)
8 Fine linen, bright and clean,
    was given her to wear.”
(Fine linen stands for the righteous acts of God’s holy people.)
As strange as it sounds to me, depression era dresses, are now dust bowl chic worn by young women wanting to display their quirky fashion sense.   I would suspect my grandmother, upon who's shoulders I'm standing, would probably probably smile at that while throughly enjoying wearing the fine linen designed by her Savior.  Grandma fared better than many women of her day having lived on a farm far from the dust bowl.  Her family was fed and clothed.  She didn't turn away strangers from her door without feeding them first.  As I think about the photo above, I have to marvel at how glorious it must have been for the woman who saved her soles for church to find her soul saved for eternity by the Savior who walked her all the way home.  
"God Walks the Dark Hills" - Iris Dement



No comments:

Post a Comment