Saturday, October 19, 2013

Grace When Grace Is Needed


Ephesians 4:2
English Standard Version (ESV)
2 with all humility and gentleness, with patience, bearing with one another in love,

Romans 15:5
English Standard Version (ESV)
5 May the God of endurance and encouragement grant you to live in such harmony with one another, in accord with Christ Jesus,
Luke 9:23
English Standard Version (ESV)
Take Up Your Cross and Follow Jesus

23 And he said to all, “If anyone would come after me, let him deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me.

Sometimes we have to live for another's happiness instead of our own.  Sometimes we have to give ourselves away for someone who can't return in kind.  Sometimes we have to let the world revolve around another because they need it more than us.  
Sometimes Me Time is actually God's time; because the time spent at the feet of Jesus strengthens me to live in this world for Him.  It's not about me, it's all about Jesus; and He asks me to love the ones he brings into my life, even the unlovely. even the unappreciative, even the energy drainers; because He alone is my strength and song.  He fills up what has been spilt out.  He asks nothing of me that He hasn't already done, and He gives far beyond my expectations.
Isaiah 40:31
New International Version (NIV)
31 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

Gaither Hymns He Giveth More Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment