Tuesday, October 1, 2013

What Would Mom and Dad Say?


2 Thessalonians 3:10-12
English Standard Version (ESV)
10 For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat. 11 For we hear that some among you walk in idleness, not busy at work, but busybodies. 12 Now such persons we command and encourage in the Lord Jesus Christ to do their work quietly and to earn their own living.[a]

Philippians 2:14-15
English Standard Version (ESV)
14 Do all things without grumbling or disputing, 15 that you may be blameless and innocent, children of God without blemish in the midst of a crooked and twisted generation, among whom you shine as lights in the world,
Romans 13:8
New International Version (NIV)
Love Fulfills the Law

8 Let no debt remain outstanding, except the continuing debt to love one another, for whoever loves others has fulfilled the law.
Proverbs 6:20
English Standard Version (ESV)

20 My son, keep your father's commandment,
    and forsake not your mother's teaching.


I considered not writing today, just because I'm feeling sick and tired.  I do usually feel that way, but today I wanted it to be my excuse note. "Sorry, I can't work I have the blahs."  "Sorry, I don't want to listen to you, I want to listen to my own thoughts."  "Sorry, I know your life is tough, but mine is tougher."  "If the government can shut down, why can't I?"   
Thank God, I was raised right, forever in debt to love.  If we all had to report to godly parents every day, we'd probably all shape up and fly right, as Dad used to say, even if we're government bigwigs intent on getting our own way.


No comments:

Post a Comment