Sunday, October 13, 2013

What I'm Reading...



“The one who forgives never brings up the past to that person's face. When you forgive, it's like it never happened. True forgiveness is complete and total.” 

“I'd made it this far and refused to give up because all my life I had always finished the race.” 
― Louis Zamperini, Devil at My Heels: A Heroic Olympian's Astonishing Story of Survival as a Japanese POW in World War II
I'm not through with it yet, but it's an astonishing story, truly, truly astonishing. Maybe I shouldn't be so astonished, because Louis Zamperini belongs an amazing God.  He's received God's amazing grace; and has forgiven as the Lord forgave him.

Colossians 3:13
New International Version (NIV)
13 Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.

2 Timothy 4:7
New International Version (NIV)
7 I have fought the good fight, I have finished the race, I have kept the faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment