Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Happy To Be One of God's Trophies

Child at Prayer (ca 1873)
Colossians 4:2
New Living Translation (NLT)
An Encouragement for Prayer

2 Devote yourselves to prayer with an alert mind and a thankful heart.
Ephesians 2:10
King James Version (KJV)
10 For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.
Psalm 90:12
New International Version (NIV)
12 Teach us to number our days,
    that we may gain a heart of wisdom.

I really like a Stuart Townsend song, "Blessed Spirit (Puritan Prayer), but it's taken me about a year to upload it to Youtube, struggling to do it justice.  I It's is just so good that I'd hope to see it one day become one of the hymns of our faith.  Well, I don't know if I've done it justice but it's now uploaded.  When I read the lyrics and hear the song I pray that, in all the days that are granted to me, my life will be a monument to God's mercy. May others see how great my God truly is.  May I not long for trophies in this life but be content to be a trophy for my King.

It looks like the song cannot be yet uploaded to this blog but it can be watched as my latest upload on Youtube.   
Blessed Spirit (Puritan's Prayer.)
Lyrics
Blessed Spirit of the King,
Of grace and love the Author,
Work repentance deep within,
And bend me at Your altar.
Melt my heart with majesty,
Then show my ruined self to me;
Teach me to more clearly see
Your might and will to save me.

Here I place without reserve
My soul in faith and meekness,
Trusting in Christ's power and love
To flourish in my weakness.
Cause my days on earth to be
Through time and through eternity
A trophy of His victory,
A monument to mercy.

Teach me to behold my God,
And trust His power to save me,
Arms outstretched in constant love,
Whose strength will never fail me.
Help me to commune with Him,
Depend and follow after Him,
That through my life His peace will reign,
And joy be my companion.

Stuart Townsend
Copyright © 2006 Thankyou Music



No comments:

Post a Comment