Wednesday, October 9, 2013

My God With Arms Wide Open


Proverbs 14:26
English Standard Version (ESV)
26 In the fear of the Lord one has strong confidence,
    and his children will have a refuge.

Galatians 4:6
English Standard Version (ESV)
And because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, crying, “Abba! 
Father!”
Matthew 11:28-30
New International Version (NIV)
28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.”


It's so easy to see in this picture who is the little girl's father.  He's the one with open arms and a face full of delight.  Such it is our Heavenly Father.  I need to remember this when I've had a bad day.  I can run to my Father's arms and rest in His love.  
"Feet of Jesus" - Steven Curtis Chapman

No comments:

Post a Comment