Saturday, October 26, 2013

Sleep Like a Hummingbird


Psalm 46:10
New International Version (NIV)
10 He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
    I will be exalted among the nations,
    I will be exalted in the earth.”
Isaiah 26:3
New International Version (NIV)
3 You will keep in perfect peace
    those whose minds are steadfast,
    because they trust in you.
Even a hummingbird sleeps.  While they may have the highest metabolism of all animals to support their rapidly beating wings, they do have the ability to go into a Torpor, a state of metabolism suppression, when sleep is needed or food is scarce.  God has provided for their rest.  This leads me to believe that what He provides for a tiny hummingbird, he'll provide for me.  When problems mount and anxieties threaten to breach my walls of faith; however, I can find it exceedingly hard to be still and at peace.  I want to solve problems immediately too impatient to wait for God's timing, not wanting to wait.  Yet He says, "Be still."  Anxieties only give sleepless nights.  God gives perfect peace.  It's time to place all of my worries at God's feet and sleep like a hummingbird.  



No comments:

Post a Comment