Sunday, October 6, 2013

Passing The Torch




Titus 2:3-5
New International Version (NIV)
3 Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4 Then they can urge the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5 to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.
I'm old enough now to be considering what I am passing onto the next generation, in investing in the future and not longing for the past, or worse wishing to change the past instead of learning from it.  It was what it was and it is what it is.  I pray that in all of it God will give me wisdom in how to live out my life for His good pleasure.  Making my mark in this life matters little if it doesn't carry over into eternity.  
I was humbled today in the presence of a dear sister, only a little older than me, who is knowing and living the peace of God in circumstances so difficult that it would crush many of us under the weight of it. Yet, her faith in God, her love for Jesus, grows ever stronger.  She's not a superwoman.  She just knows, believes, and trusts in her Savior; and that is most certainly better than fictional super powers.  
Heavenly Father,
I pray that the torch I pass will not be a pathetic damp match but a bright and burning flame.  May I let my little light shine.
"This Little Light of Mine" - Addison Road

No comments:

Post a Comment