Wednesday, October 2, 2013

You've Got Mail


Psalm 119:105
King James Version (KJV)
105 Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Romans 15:4
New International Version (NIV)
4 For everything that was written in the past was written to teach us, so that through the endurance taught in the Scriptures and the encouragement they provide we might have hope.
I read today that email is becoming old-fashioned to this generation of college students, who seem to prefer texting as a means of communication.   I feel old.  I've never texted in my life.  When I was in college, mail delivery was a highlight of my day, especially if it included a letter from home.  If I close my eyes, I can still picture my grandmother's spidery handwriting on a letter, as she was probably my most faithful correspondent.  I don't believe that a text from her could ever have communicated the love that her letters did.  
The Bible is our letter from Home, and I would be bereft without it.  The words are my encouragement and my hope, my teaching and my counsel.  It lovingly lights the way home.  
Michael W. Smith & Amy Grant - "Thy Word" - Live


No comments:

Post a Comment