Saturday, October 5, 2013

My God Gives Rest


John 14:1-3
English Standard Version (ESV)
I Am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life

14 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God;[a] believe also in me. 2 In my Father's house are many rooms. If it were not so, would I have told you that I go to prepare a place for you?[b] 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again and will take you to myself, that where I am you may be also.
Matthew 11:29
New International Version (NIV)
29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls

I hear the soft sounds of snoring, as I write, meaning I have stayed up too long again.  Falling asleep at the computer is also a pretty good clue.  My husband has a childhood bear that looks a bit like this one pictured.  We have it yet because of his mother who kept much of her baby boy's childhood stored in her attic.   There weren't many rooms in her house, but there was a place in her heart for everyone.
All this to say, it's time for me to find rest for my weary body and soul.  Oh, yes, please forgive any typos made while sleep typing.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment