Monday, October 21, 2013

My God of My Personal Space


Revelation 3:20
English Standard Version (ESV)
20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.
1 Peter 1:8
English Standard Version (ESV)
8 Though you have not seen him, you love him. Though you do not now see him, you believe in him and rejoice with joy that is inexpressible and filled with glory,


Where I once to worked in a large lobby, I now work in a basement room.  Where I once had a work office I now have a cubicle.  I'm closer to my coworkers than I ever thought possible; and as lovely as they are, I'm closer than what I would have chosen.  I miss my office located next to the front door and its window with a view of the parking lot.    Sigh.  I'm adjusting, and it's always, always good to be employed.  I hang dearly onto my little job as I know that a woman of my age with rheumatoid arthritis and other ailments is not normally considered a good job candidate.  So it goes.  I may use hand sanitizer and cringe at my coworkers' coughs and sneezes, since rheumatoid arthritis compromised my immune system.  Still I still want to be there for the people God has put in my path, and He never promised me an inviolate personal space. 

I'm so glad I won't need a resume and impressive qualifications to get into Heaven; because I'd never even get an interview.  My Jesus sought me, saved me and continues to love me.  He has knocked at the door of my cubicle and I've let Him in.  We have a close and personal relationship.  I can dine at His lunch table.  He loves me even on the days I don't feel lovely or loving.  He loves me even when I play the slacker.  May His will for me always override my desire to control.  May His love be infectious and His joy spill over my barricades.  


Bill & Gloria Gaither - "My Jesus, I Love Thee [Live]"



No comments:

Post a Comment