Thursday, February 16, 2012

All Knowing God

I just helped the young man who lives in my house and doesn't want to be mentioned in my blog with studying for his pre-calculus test, and I'm not even sure what pre-calculus is let alone calculus.   Thankfully it was a memory exercise and I just had to recognize the symbols and numbers that he recited.   I do believe he left me behind in his math skills at about the fifth grade.   Now, he's also left his father behind, and is pretty much on his own.   If my son is that smart, how much smarter is God, the designer of all creation?  I'd say our omniscient, all knowing, God is really, really smart.

I do know for certain that my son is a whole lot smarter than Steven Hawking, the celebrated academic, who denies the existence of God.   My son knows God the Father, Jesus the Son and the Holy Spirit, which means he left Mr. Hawking behind long ago as well.   Pray for Mr. Hawking that he might be proven wrong this side of eternity.  

Jesus loves me, this I know, for the Bible tells me so.

Psalm 147: 5,6 (NIV)

5 Great is our Lord and mighty in power; 
   his understanding has no limit. 
6 The LORD sustains the humble 
   but casts the wicked to the ground.
'

Matthew 22:37 (NIV)
Jesus replied: "'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.'


O For A Thousand Tongues to Sing - David Crowder Band


No comments:

Post a Comment