Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Things We Do For Love...

This is a picture of my old cat, who I sometimes refer to as my Clingon or Klingon if you're familiar with Star Trek.   She seems to believe that whatever I'm doing could not be as important as paying attention to her.  This picture was taken with my IPad, a Christmas gift from my husband, who was also the giver of my macbook, some six years ago.   If I had known the macbook would start falling apart after the holidays, I may have begged for a new one instead.   So it goes.   I do enjoy the IPad and both gifts were from a loving husband's heart. ( But I digress and should get back to the story of my cat, which is what she would want.)   I was enjoying winding down with a word puzzle  on my IPad, when she thought it shouldn't be.   So I discovered how good the tablet was at taking a close-up photo!   The dogs don't get this close unless I had a pizza crust hanging out of my mouth.    I just now left behind an unhappy cat when I then moved from the couch to the computer, but I did so, just in time to push a dog with an upset tummy out our front door.   Yes, the things we do for love.  
God does things for love too.   We wouldn't be living in this little house under the weeping willow if it wasn't for a landlord who agreed to let us keep all three pets.   In this day and age when landlords can call the shots, he was more than gracious.  I was so afraid we'd be called upon to give up our animals, a cruelty that would have been too much to bear.  God knew it was so and didn't ask us to bear it.   Our now senior cat has been with me since she was a tiny kitten that I could cradle in my cupped hands.   One of our rescue pups has bonded so completely with the son, who doesn't want to be named,  that they have almost raised each other.   The other, the one with the sick tummy, calls my husband her master.   This is the dog rescued from death row because it was thought she couldn't be domesticated.   She found redemption in her rescuer's home who then let us adopt her.   Once again I am glad that God found me redeemable and has adopted me as His child.

I John 3:1 (NIV)
How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are! The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.

Children of God - Third Day


No comments:

Post a Comment