Sunday, February 12, 2012

Jesus Is All The World


My beloved little macbook seems to be on its last legs.   I hope not, but it's as slow as a slug too tired to even be afraid of a child with a salt shaker... If you don't know what I mean by that, maybe it's better not to know.   I find myself fearful that my laptop will be one more thing I'll have to surrender, and I want to shout, "God, wasn't the house enough?"  So, as I continue on in my winter of discontent, I'll strive to be willing to surrender all.  I thought I'd leave you with one more sunny day picture.   It gives me hope as I continue to occupy this little house under the weeping willow tree.   Although, as I take a second look at the picture now, it reminds me that, when I lived in Texas, the sunflowers flourished, growing like small trees requiring grueling effort under the hot Texas sun to pull them out of the ground.   As much as I want the sun to shine now,  too much of a good thing, can truly be too much.   God knows what I need.  I need Him and He can never be too much.   
As I write another song from my childhood comes to mind, "Jesus Is All The World To Me."  I like this version I found on YouTube sung by the Samoan Gospel Heralds.   There's something wonderful about such strong manly men singing of their dependence upon Jesus.   Thanks guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment