Monday, February 13, 2012

Love, God, and Grandpa

Jack Sorenson

Hebrews 11:1,2

 1 Now faith is confidence in what we hope for and assurance about what we do not see. 2This is what the ancients were commended for.

This is another favorite image I've used repeatedly in my videos.   Every time I look at it I'm reminded of my grandpa and his unconditional love.   We are drawn to those givers of unconditional love and they are deeply missed when they are gone.   By God's grace these people enter into our lives to teach us of His love for us.  Those dark days when we can't see or feel the presence of God, a loving hand on our shoulder reminds us He is there.   If it's been a long time since feeling even a loving hand, we may have to search our past to remember; but we will remember.   I believe that even the most tragic among us has felt in someway a demonstration of God's love.   God remains true and faithful to His character even to those who deny him.  Tonight I am stopping to read Hebrews 11 with its stories of those of old who  struggled and overcame.   It's time well spent to remember the faithful so that my own faith may grow.  One glorious day I will feel the loving and reassuring hand of Jesus on my shoulder, and, if He's anything like Grandpa, I'll also get a chuckle and a smile.

Now I need to give someone I love a hug.   Where is that son of mine who doesn't want to be in my blog  keeping himself?

Tenderly Calling - John Denver
  


No comments:

Post a Comment