Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Aw, Thanks Mom!









































Today, I am finding myself thankful for my mother's teaching.   My parents didn't become Christians until they were married with a young family already started.   My mother took her faith seriously and  determined to raise us up to know the Lord.   She didn't drive until later in life because of blindness in one eye.   I think her doctor was afraid of her driving  so many children in a car with only one eye to the road.   Still she found a unique use for a car.  She made it her study.   There were few quiet places or times in a house full of children.   So my mother would gather her Bible and her books and sit in the car parked outside the house where she found her time with God.   We would look at her out the dining room window and wonder when she was coming inside, but we knew to leave her to herself.  She took time as the Psalmist wrote to "be still and know that I am God."   (Psalm 46:10a)

Thank you, Mom, for taking time to follow what Scripture taught you and for passing the knowledge onto your child.   You believed Proverbs 22:6 :
Train up a child in the way he should go,

And when he is old he will not depart from it. 

God of Mercy (Prayer Song) - Lou Fellingham


No comments:

Post a Comment