Sunday, February 19, 2012

Old Things Have Passed Away

2 Corinthians 5:17-21

New King James Version (NKJV)
1Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 18 Now all things are of God, who has reconciled us to Himself through Jesus Christ, and has given us the ministry of reconciliation, 19 that is, that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, not imputing their trespasses to them, and has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
20 Now then, we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us: we implore you on Christ’s behalf, be reconciled to God. 21 For He made Him who knew no sin to be sin for us, that we might become the righteousness of God in Him.


Probably the best gift I ever received while still living under my parents' roof, was a small manual typewriter.  It was a confirmation that I would go to college and that I would write.  I hauled it around for years, before being introduced to a second-hand personal computer, a gift from a friend who was upgrading to a new one.   I don't even know where that old typewriter ended up.  A few years ago I was in an antique mall smiling at children marveling over the old typewriters in a dealer's booth.  They couldn't believe people actually used those things!        
Yes, old things have passed away.   What has remained the same is our God.  Because He sent his Son, Jesus, to be sin for us in that ultimate sacrifice on the cross, he won't ever hold our sins against us.   My salvation is the best gift I've received while living under my Heavenly Father's roof.   Even if I end up someday sitting in a wheelchair in a nursing home, my Father, will still see me as the child He made new.
Stand By Me - Doc Watson


No comments:

Post a Comment