Thursday, February 2, 2012

When We See Eye to Eye...


... God is pleased!

Psalm 133:1
(NIV)
1 How good and pleasant it is
   when God’s people live together in unity
!


Philippians 2:1
(NIV)

1 Therefore if you have any encouragement from being united with Christ, if any comfort from his love, if any common sharing in the Spirit, if any tenderness and compassion, 2then make my joy complete by being like-minded, having the same love, being one in spirit and of one mind. 3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit. Rather, in humility value others above yourselves, 4 not looking to your own interests but each of you to the interests of the others.

It's all about Jesus, our purpose in life.  When I'm living in the kingdom of me, myself and I, that can be hard to remember!  It's also a very, very small kingdom; and the three of me get very crowded in here and make for poor company.  We just got a call from someone new to our church, living in our neighborhood, inviting us for dessert.   It's such a small thing but so in line with what God wants for his children.  He didn't make us to be alone in this world or the next.  Fellowship with each other helps us to maintain fellowship with God.  Self absorption is self worship.  There's no joy in crowning myself.

Living For Jesus


No comments:

Post a Comment