Sunday, March 18, 2012

God's Lullaby

What a thought that the Lord will rejoice over me gladness and quiet me with His Love!   The prophet Zephaniah  is referring to the repentant remnant of Israel, but I believe it is also tells us how God treats any repentant soul, any prodigal child.   There will be a day when I hear God singing and that is almost to wonderful to imagine.   I say almost because I try to imagine it anyway.   I used to sing over the young man who lives in my house and doesn't want to be blogged about, but I believe he remembers.  I miss it, singing over the child that I love.    I was caught up this past weekend with the loveliness of the Irish Lullaby, and wishing I could stop and put it on a Youtube video.   Maybe I will yet do so.   Now it's late, the Sabbath is nearly over and a new week is about to start.   Enjoy the lullaby.

An Irish Lullaby
Over in Killarney 
Many years ago, 
Me Mither sang a song to me 
In tones so sweet and low. 
Just a simple little ditty, 
In her good ould Irish way, 
And l'd give the world if she could sing 
That song to me this day. 

Chorus: 
"Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li, 
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, hush now, don't you cry! 
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, Too-ra-loo-ra-li, 
Too-ra-loo-ra-loo-ral, that's an Irish lullaby." 

Oft in dreams I wander 
To that cot again, 
I feel her arms a-huggin' me 
As when she held me then. 
And I hear her voice a -hummin' 
To me as in days of yore, 
When she used to rock me fast asleep 
Outside the cabin door.





No comments:

Post a Comment