Sunday, March 4, 2012

Let My Words Be Few

I've discovered that it's dangerous for a woman with laryngitis to have a blog.   The temptation to share too much is real and not necessarily honoring to God.   I've found myself editing posts after publishing them to remove the whine I've added to them.   I've had just too much to say and not the vocal chords to do so.   On the plus side I've completed tasks at work faster than I thought possible.    I just tried to google the question do women talk more than men and google filled in the question faster than I could type it.   Apparently it's been asked before.   A full glass of gratitude a day should help, maybe not with the chatter, but with the tone and content.

Here are some Bible verse to keep in mind:

Proverbs 17:28 (NIV)
Even a fool is thought wise if he keeps silent, and discerning if he holds his tongue.
Proverbs 29:20
Do you see a man who speaks in haste? There is more hope for a fool than for him.
Ecclesiastes 5:2 (NIV)
Do you see a man who speaks in haste? There is more hope for a fool than for him.

James 1:19 (NIV)
9 My dear brothers and sisters, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry,

Matt Redman - Let My Words Be Few

No comments:

Post a Comment