Monday, March 26, 2012

He Didn't Pass Me By

Hughes Merle, "A Beggar Woman"

This painting of A Beggar Woman has me singing Fanny Crosby's hymn, "Pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior."  I came to Jesus with nothing of my own to offer and He gave me abundant grace and mercy, and continues to do so as I live out my salvation.    It's humbling and gratifying to hold out my hands and have them filled to overflowing with the goodness of God.  It's truly amazing grace!  But that's another hymn, for another day, or maybe after I finish posting.  I do love the hymns!   He didn't pass me by and he won't pass you by either.   He will hear your cry.

Pass Me Not, O Gentle Savior
Fanny Crosby
Red Mountain Church

Pass me not, O gentle Savior,
  1. Hear my humble cry;
    While on others Thou art calling,
    Do not pass me by.
    • Refrain:
      Savior, Savior,
      Hear my humble cry,
      While on others Thou art calling,
      Do not pass me by.
  2. Let me at a throne of mercy
    Find a sweet relief;
    Kneeling there in deep contrition,
    Help my unbelief.
  3. Trusting only in Thy merit,
    Would I seek Thy face;
    Heal my wounded, broken spirit,
    Save me by Thy grace.
  4. Thou the spring of all my comfort,
    More than life to me,
    Whom have I on earth beside Thee,
    Whom in Heav’n but Thee.



No comments:

Post a Comment