Sunday, March 11, 2012

Letting The Chains Go


Acts 12:7 (NIV)
Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. "Quick, get up!" he said, and the chains fell off Peter's wrists.


I sat down at my computer tonight feeling disappointment in someone else's sin and wondering what to write.   The Charles Wesley hymn, "And Can It Be That I Should Gain?" immediately came to mind crowding out all other thoughts.   Bound by sin but released from my own chains, I am forever grateful for the mercy and forgiveness shown to me.   It is an amazing love that my God should die for me!   It's amazing too that His concern is for my relationship to Him.   It's where my focus should be.   May it never be that I try to wear the chains again!  Leave them behind and rise, go forth, and follow.   I am covered by the blood of the Lamb and His grace is more than sufficient.

And can it be that I should gain
An interest in the Savior’s blood?
Died He for me, who caused His pain—
For me, who Him to death pursued?
Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?
Amazing love! How can it be,
That Thou, my God, shouldst die for me?


And Can It Be - The Enfield Hymn Sessions, Resolved Music, Vol. 1


No comments:

Post a Comment