Monday, March 19, 2012

Jehovah Jireh, The Lord Will Provide

I was giving in to the sin of worry over our finances today so I sought out Scripture on God, our Provider.  I've known the Bible stories from childhood: the sacrificial lamb for Abraham's Isaac, the exodus from Egypt, the parting of the Red Sea, manna in the wilderness, the pillar of could by day and the pillar of fire by night, Ruth and Boaz, her kinsman redeemer, and as in the picture above, the prophet Elijah being fed by ravens.  There are so many stories that I have to remember that these were real people not just stories.   If I think enough about it, I could give you my own stories of God's provision.   Still I worry.   I am thankful God forgives.   I will remember His name, Jehovah Jireh, the Lord will provide.
Jehovah Jireh
An excellent video by nailscars.com




No comments:

Post a Comment