Monday, April 23, 2012

Dancing Before The Lord

2 Samuel 6:14 (NIV)
David, wearing a linen ephod, danced before the LORD with all his might,

Psalm 98:4 (NIv)
Shout for joy to the LORD, all the earth, burst into jubilant song with music;

My husband and I enjoyed a jazz concert by the Air Force Band, The Falconaires.  It has had me thinking of my father-in-law, who would have been 96 years old this month if God hadn't already called him home.  I don't know how birthdays are measured in Heaven but I hope for him it was with music.   He would have really enjoyed tonight's concert.   The man loved music, big band and jazz, anything that moved his body and soul.   He also was frugal, being a child of the great depression,  and loved the military band concerts for their quality, the sense of patriotism,  but also because they were free.   I think the happiest I ever saw him was when the Dollar Store had a half-price sale, if that tells you how he loved a bargain.   My frugal husband also loves music, so it's almost a must do when a military band comes to town.   I wonder if he'll now be inspired to pull out his old trombone and play a little music as to the Lord.   This song by Phil Driscoll is probably his favorite of my Youtube uploads.

I Will Dance - Phil Driscoll



No comments:

Post a Comment