Thursday, April 19, 2012

Mood Swings


Psalm 43:5 (NIV)
Why are you downcast, O my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.
John 16:22 (NIV)
22 So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.

I watch my cat, tail twitching with indecision, standing at the front door watching the rain come down.   Was it only yesterday that the sun was shining?   She decides she doesn't need to go out after all.   I was ready to agree with her but decided to go along with my husband and the young man who lives with us but doesn't want to be blogged about on an outdoor excursion.   We just got back all feeling the better for having gotten outdoors.   Too often I let something as trivial as a rainy day steal my joy.  That's not good!   I have Jesus as my Lord and Savior, the hope and strength of my life!   Circumstances may challenge my happiness, but my Jesus says no one will take away my joy.
"Why Walk When You Can Fly" - Mary Chapin Carpenter


No comments:

Post a Comment