Tuesday, April 3, 2012

God Keeps His Promises

Jules Breton - "The Rainbow"

2 Peter 1:4
Through these he has given us his very great and precious promises, so that through them you may participate in the divine nature and escape the corruption in the world caused by evil desires.

It would be ever so difficult to see a rainbow without pointing it out to your fellow traveler.    I can enjoy a rainbow when I'm alone but I almost feel compelled, when not, to say, "Look!  A rainbow!"   It's a wondrous thing to see God's covenant in the sky.   God keeps His promises!   It's true!   I want to live my life as one who believes it's true, and sometimes that takes a fellow traveler to point out the rainbows that I'm not seeing, because I'm too discouraged to lift my head.   Consider the sparrow, fellow traveler, a small rainbow from God.

Psalm 84:3
Even the sparrow has found a home, and the swallow a nest for herself, where she may have her young--a place near your altar, O LORD Almighty, my King and my God.
Matthew 6:26
Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

His Eye Is On The Sparrow - Selah


No comments:

Post a Comment