Sunday, April 1, 2012

Hosanna


1 Peter 1:7 (NIV)
These have come so that your faith--of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire--may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed.

1 Peter 4:13 (NIV)

But rejoice that you participate in the sufferings of Christ, so that you may be overjoyed when his glory is revealed.

I am in awe of my Jesus who rode into Jerusalem, knowing full well what was ahead for Him.   I would have been too afraid and would have been begging both God and men for a way out instead of in.   I hate suffering, especially my own.   I am a weak, fearful wretch when faced with the refiner's fire, even though my own trials pale in comparison to what Jesus endured.   Therefore, I will praise my King as long as I have breath because of who He is and what He has done.   From generation to generation the world needs a Savior.   
"Hosanna" by Phil Driscoll


No comments:

Post a Comment